Rhinoplasty in Turkey
Rhinoplasty in Turkey
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is an aesthetic operation that occurs as a necessity in cases that disable the breathing (septoria) function of the most important organ in the center of the face, such as nasal curvature (deviation), growth of nasal flesh (concha hypertrophy), which directly affects the external appearance with its deformities and asymmetrical appearance due to congenital or traumatic causes.
Which Nose Types Can Have Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Arched noses
- Low noses
- Noses with deformed tips
- Curved or depressed noses
- Rhinoplasty surgery is performed on noses that are too small or too large according to the whole structure of the face.
To Who and in Which Cases of Rhinoplasty Performed?
Rhinoplasty is an operation performed to eliminate factors that negatively affect the person in terms of both aesthetics and health, such as nasal curvature (deviation), nasal flesh growth (turbinate hypertrophy), nasal asymmetry, nasal deformations, nasal arch shaving, nasal reduction, and enlargement. Rhinoplasty surgery is possible for every patient whose health condition does not prevent surgery.
How is Rhinoplasty Performed?
Rhinoplasty varies according to the surgical method to be applied under standard sterile conditions under general anesthesia. It is usual for Rhinoplasty surgery to take between 1 and 4 hours.
What is Age Limit for Rhinoplasty Operation?
In Rhinoplasty surgeries, the age limit is +17 for women and +18 for men due to the faster completion of anatomical development.
What are Rhinoplasty Methods?
With the effect of developing technological innovations in Rhinoplasty operations;
- Open Nose Aesthetics (Rhinoplasty)
- Closed Rhinoplasty (Rhinoplasty)
Two different surgical techniques are applied for Rhinoplasty surgery.
What are the Advantages of Open Rhinoplasty?
- It is more controllable and effective than the Closed Rhinoplasty method.
- Bleeding control is more predictable in Open Rhinoplasty surgery.
- The symmetry provided by tissue grafts such as cartilage or fascia is stabilized with sutures.
- Intervention can be provided more easily with ultrasonic cutters such as piezo.
What are the Disadvantages of Open Rhinoplasty?
- In Open Rhinoplasty surgery, an incision is made in the columella column skin.
- The operation and healing process is longer compared to Closed Rhinoplasty.
- In this method, postoperative edema and swelling are more common.
What are the Advantages of Closed Rhinoplasty?
- The operation and healing process is shorter than Open Rhinoplasty.
- In this method, edema and swelling are less after the operation.
- In Closed Rhinoplasty surgery, there is no scar visible from the outside without any incision in the columella column skin.
What are the Disadvantages Closed Rhinoplasty?
- In Closed Rhinoplasty operations, tissue grafts such as more cartilage or fascia are used to provide nasal tip symmetry.
- It is more difficult to achieve the desired appearance by shaping cartilage and bone tissues than the Open Rhinoplasty method.
What is the Difference Between Open Rhinoplasty and Closed Rhinoplasty?
- Open Rhinoplasty is the name given to the operation performed by removing the skin layer with a small incision on the column skin called columella at the point where the nostrils meet.
- Closed Rhinoplasty, on the other hand, is a method applied by making an incision through the nostrils without an incision on the columella column skin.
Both Rhinoplasty methods are techniques that can be used to eliminate congenital or traumatic phenomena that negatively affect the person.
When are the Stitches Removed After Rhinoplasty?
In Rhinoplasty operation, melting suture, which is a material that continues with the development of technologies in the field of medicine, is used, thanks to this method, the suture dissolves spontaneously without the need for the patient to have stitches removed and falls off over time after Rhinoplasty surgery.
What is the Recovery Process After Rhinoplasty?
After Rhinoplasty, it is enough to stay in the hospital for 1 night. Regardless of the method as Open Rhinoplasty (Rhinoplasty) and Closed Rhinoplasty (Rhinoplasty), the average recovery period is between 7 and 10 days, although it varies from person to person. With the regular use of the medications prescribed by the physician after Rhinoplasty, recovery continues at the maximum level, and findings such as edema, swelling, and bruising around the nose and around the nose between the 1st and 3rd days are common and temporary. It takes up to 1 year to achieve full recovery in the nasal profile after Rhinoplasty. Intranasal tampons are removed on the 3rd day after Rhinoplasty and the person can return to his/her normal life with the plaster cast removed on the 10th day.
What Should Be Known Before Rhinoplasty?
- Before Rhinoplasty, medications such as painkillers, blood thinners, anti-inflammatories, and vitamin pills that will trigger bleeding during the operation should be stopped 10 days before the operation and should be started under the follow-up of the doctor after Rhinoplasty surgery.
- Before Rhinoplasty; If the person has a chronic disease or medication use, the doctor, anesthesiologist, and nurse should be informed, and the background anamnesis should be given in detail.
- Before Rhinoplasty, eating and drinking should be stopped 12 hours before the operation to avoid complications in general anesthesia.
- Before Rhinoplasty; female patients should inform the doctor about their menstrual period. Since the rate of contraction in the capillaries in the nose is at a minimum level during these periods, the date of operation should not be preferred in order to prevent bleeding, edema, and bruising.
- Comfortable clothes should be preferred after Rhinoplasty surgery, the jewelry should not be worn, and makeup and nail polish should be avoided in terms of sterility while coming to Rhinoplasty operation.
- Before Rhinoplasty; consumption of foods containing salicylic acid such as herbal tea, watermelon, garlic, grapes, grapes, cherries, cherries, which will cause bleeding, should be stopped 1 week before Rhinoplasty surgery. Postoperative use should be started in line with the doctor’s follow-up.
- Before Rhinoplasty; factors such as smoking, hookah, and alcohol slow down and negatively affect wound healing. Consumption should be stopped 1 week before the Rhinoplasty operation and should be started with the approval of the doctor after the operation.
How Should a Doctor Be Selected for Rhinoplasty?
The most important factor to be known in Rhinoplasty surgery is that the most important organ in the center of the face, which determines the external identity of the person, should be intervened with the appropriate method. Regardless of the method in Rhinoplasty surgery, the patient’s choice of doctor is at least as important as the surgery and requires attention. By meeting with your doctor before the Rhinoplasty decision, you can find answers to the questions you have in mind, and you can set an operation date with confidence with the existing patient references offered to you by a competent and experienced doctor.
What are the Risks of Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty surgery carries risks like all other operations. Risks in Rhinoplasty surgery include numbness, pain, permanent swelling and discoloration of the skin tissue, unusual scarring, asymmetry, difficulty breathing, and cases requiring pre-surgical intervention such as septum perforation.
Is Nose Aesthetics Permanent?
One of the questions that many people who decide to have rhinoplasty are wondering is whether rhinoplasty is permanent. After rhinoplasty surgery, it takes between 6 months and 1 year for the nose to fit the face. Rhinoplasty results are permanent and last a lifetime. There is no deterioration in natural ways.
Is Rhinoplasty a Painful Operation?
Reactions such as dizziness and nausea are common within 6 hours after rhinoplasty. Although there is no pain that will affect the daily life of the patient, the healing process will accelerate and the pain will disappear completely with regular use of the medications given by your doctor after Rhinoplasty.
Rhinoplasty Results in Turkey
The healing process of patients after rhinoplasty varies from person to person and according to the size of the surgery. After rhinoplasty operation in Turkey, patients are discharged the next day after staying in the hospital for 1 night to control bleeding and close follow-up. Patients usually stand up and start walking within 5-6 hours. The tampons placed in the nose after the operation are removed under the doctor’s control after 1-2 days. The mould placed on the back of the nose is removed by the doctor 1 week after the operation. People who have undergone nose surgery can return to their routine business life in the absence of any unusual complications. While swelling and bruises decrease within approximately 1-2 weeks after the operation, edema and swelling disappear by 75% after 1 month. The desired result of rhinoplasty surgery is achieved within 1 year.
Nose Surgery in Men
In recent years, men have started to care about their appearance at least as much as women and to demand some operations for this with the change in the perspective of popular culture and the importance of aesthetic appearance. One of these operations is nose surgery. Men’s expectations from nose surgery may vary from person to person. While some men do not want the masculine expression on their face to disappear; According to recent researches, some men prefer a small and pointed nose structure. For this reason, men who decide to have a nose surgery should definitely have a preliminary interview with the surgeon who will perform the operation and meet on a common ground. However, the nasal skin of men has a thicker structure compared to women. For this reason, the rate of oedema and swelling during the healing process may be higher than in women, while the result of the intervention applied to bone and cartilage does not show itself at the same rate. It takes a longer time for the nose to settle in its final form.
Rhinoplasty Costs in Turkey?
Rhinoplasty Costs in Turkey operation varies according to the method and technique to be applied. After the necessary medical and physical examination, the appropriate method should be planned as a result of the approval of your doctor and it should be determined which techniques the person needs both respiratory and aesthetic in this process. After the analysis during the Rhinoplasty preparation phase, pricing should not be your only criterion in the doctor research you will do in the field of Rhinoplasty in your nose profile that you want to achieve satisfaction and success. You should feel the trust given to you by the doctor you decide to have Rhinoplasty, and you should decide on a competent specialist who will closely follow your financial – spiritual, and physical concerns. Pricing in Rhinoplasty operations varies between $2,000 and $3,500 in Turkey, while in continents such as the European Union and the United States, it is between $7,000 and $15,500.